Friday, May 2, 2014

My Dammit doll!

Today Nick and I made our second visit to Johns Hopkins.   We went to meet Dr Ishii
the doctor of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. My neurosurgeon wanted
me to see Dr Ishii before the plan was made for my brain tumor surgery. Dr
Brem (neuro) was concerned about the proximity of the tumor to the sinuses.

I started the morning with a CT scan and then went to Dr Ishii's office. Dr
Ishii explained that because the tumor is actually leaning against the wall
of the sinuses in my forehead, they have to be careful when removing the tumor.
Dr Ishii will be doing the surgery with my neurosurgeon, Dr Brem.
Still no date for the surgery.
 sent me a dammit doll that I received today. Am attaching

I need this surgery. I need to get well. It will be a long road, but I am
glad that we are living now instead of 100 years ago.

I have needed a haircut for a while, but have been putting it off until I found out about the surgery.  Then, when we met with Dr. Brem, he said not to get my hair cut.   I might get it cut anyway- it is driving me crazy! 

After we got home, I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open.  So I took a nap upstairs in bed, instead of downstairs on the sofa.  I am still tired!



When Nick brought the mail in, there was a package.  My sister sent me a "dammit doll"  We bought one for our step mother when we were in Arizona 20+ years ago.  I guess Carol thought that I needed one.  Maybe she's right!


No comments:

Post a Comment