Saturday, March 1, 2014

Insanity


Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/a/alberteins133991.html#DhBbPiYtjKzTgsQV.
 
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.


I put this list, or one very much like it, on the kitchen cabinet door every year for mother's day.    My real insanity, I mean fantasy, is that at least some of these things be done just because.    I am not the only one to live here.  I am not the only one to make messes.  I am, apparently, the only one who sees them and cares about it.

I am sick right now, so I deserve and reserve the right to feel gurmpy!

*******************************************************
My Fantasy Wish List (a clean house)

Fantasy- An unrealistic or improbable supposition.

Kitchen completely cleaned
·        Floor swept and wiped with Swiffer then wet mopped (with ammonia)-this includes laundry room floor
·        Everything on the island and counters put away
·        All surfaces wiped clean (use 409) including the front of the dishwasher, front of the stove and refrigerator
·        Table cleaned with Murphy’s oil soap.  Place mats all cleaned with 409
·        Divider wall cleared off and dusted with Pledge

Family Room cleaned
·        Couch cushions picked up and vacuumed under
·        Couches cleaned with lint brush
·        All wooden tables cleaned and dusted with Pledge
·        Whole room vacuumed (even behind furniture)
·        Shoes and socks put away

Living Room, Dining Room & Hall

·        Dust/ polish all wooden furniture with Pledge
·        Put away Christmas things that are on the dining room table
·        Put special ed. books in my study
·        Sweep and Swiffer the front hall (including under the bench)
·        Clean off the bench
·        Vacuum hall, living room and dining room

Upstairs

·        Dust/ polish all my bedroom furniture with Pledge
·        Clean bathrooms (including scouring the bath tub with cleanser0
·        Put away card table in Courtney’s room
·        Vacuum whole upstairs
·        Sort the laundry into two baskets and take downstairs so I can wash it when I get home.
·        Boys clean their rooms (now I am really dreaming I know)






No comments:

Post a Comment