Thursday, March 27, 2014

I'm so tired

I have really been dragging today.  I woke up with a splitting headache this morning and just really wanted to stay in bed.   But, Nick and I had dentist appointments.  I guess we had better maintain the parts that are actually working pretty well- in this case, our teeth.  Yeah I know, they aren't perfect, but we are doing alright. Flossing is my friend!

Since we got home, I have mainly been draped over the sofa.  Dozing on and off.  Watching Law & Order, my favorite show.   Last night I kept experiencing pain behind my right eye.  The tumor is on the left.  I have no idea if the two are related. When you know that you have a brain tumor, it is hard NOT to blame it for everything.

I went to the gym yesterday.  I felt good to work out, but I felt sad that I am not going six times a week like I was.  I just can't right now.  I don't feel good enough often enough.

I really think I want to get the tumor removed.   No, I do not want surgery.  No, I do not want power tools to be used on my skull.   But I do want the headaches to go away so I can hopefully get my energy back.

Tomorrow I am going to see my regular doctor.  I want to see if a medication change, about a month ago, has anything to do with my headaches.     As one of the neurosurgeons pointed out, removing the tumor does not guarantee that removing the tumor will make the headaches stop.   Swell!

And I am incredibly sad that one of my children has not contacted me at all.  Not by email or phone call.  He should know I have a brain tumor since I sent the information to all five kids at the same time.  I have heard from all four other kids.   More than once in fact.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment