Thursday, April 17, 2014

Howling at the moon

I was just outside admiring the full moon.  I would love to howl at this beautiful, big, bright moon.  But I can only think about it.  Living in the suburbs means that howling  like a wild animal would not please the neighbors! 

There was an eclipse a couple of nights ago that was supposed to be pretty spectacular.  We weren't able to see it because it was too cloudy.  Also, the best time for viewing the eclipse was 3:00 in the morning.  I do tend to stay up too late, but that's too late, even for me.

When I got up this morning, there was ice on the deck.  By this afternoon the sun had melted and dried up all the ice.  It was cold out, but not too cold to sit outside for a while.

Carol and her dogs came over and spent the day here.  The dogs, Daisy, Mickey and Buddy, had a good time together.    It was nice to just hang out, talking, watching TV.  Being sisters. 

Funny to think about sisters.  We are watching My Man Godfrey- a big part of the theme seems to be the sibling rivalry between two sisters.   I don't think I have seen it before, but it is a classic 1930s movie.  With all the fast talking chatter.   It is one of those movies where you have to really pay attention to.  A lot of double talk that reminds me a lot of the Marx brothers.    That reminds me, Groucho Marx died the same week as Elvis Presley.  We were living in Bangkok at the time. 

I know I am rambling, but it feels good. 

Yes, my head has been bothering me today, as it does every day.  My jaw has been hurting for a couple weeks.  I have been thinking that it was hurting from having my teeth cleaned a few weeks ago.  Now though, I am thinking that it is probably related to my tumor.  Well, we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment