Thursday, September 6, 2012

Kansas the Sunflower State





 September 5, 2012
Driving from Oklahoma into Kansas we saw the change from the flat, wide landscape to the rolling hills an trees as we went east.   Kansas farm land is really pretty.
We got into our hotel in Emporia around 3:30 pm.  Nick wanted to get to the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve and Museum.  

We rushed and got there before the museum and shop closed up.  There is an historic farm house, barn, and other buildings.  We went through the house and looked at the grounds.  I took loads of pictures because I always take a load of pictures.  We looked around and were not really sure which the prairie grass was and which was the “regular” grass.   

When we got back to the hotel I had my second meltdown of this trip.  The first was when I was suffering from altitude sickness and was gasping for air.

I just was over tired and hungry.  I am so sick of celiac.  I have to be careful what I eat and have to think about where to eat.  I was looking online having Googled “gluten free Emporia”.  This is a good method of figuring out where it is safe to go to dinner.  But I fell apart.  I am so sick of eating fast food salads and not much else.  I was also just tired of eating out for every meal.    Not really, but that’s how it feels.

I found a pizza place that makes gluten free pizza.  Nick was my hero.  He figured out where the pizza place was (actually within walking distance).  He went and got me pizza and got himself dinner and brought it all back to our room to eat.  He even went above and beyond and got me a Frappuccino from Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment