Sunday, September 2, 2012

Another Canyon?



Well, who knew that there was a canyon in Texas?  Not me.  Until today that is.  We went to Palo Duro Canyon State Park.    Having just visited the Grand Canyon, this canyon is not as large, but it is beautiful indeed.

It has been a fairly uneventful day -before the canyon that is.   Texas is very flat, at least the area we have driven in so far. 

We are settled in for the night, watching TV in our hotel room.  After being out and about in the 100+ degree weather, it felt really nice to go for a swim.  The hotel has an indoor pool.  When we got to the pool there was a couple and their four little, noisy, boys.  I cannot imagine taking a mob like that swimming.  But wait!  I have!  We raised five kids.  When I see families with more that two children I cannot imagine how we did it!  I hope that my kids all remember (at least some) good times.  For me it is largely a blur!

Tomorrow we are off to Oklahoma City.  We plan to visit the Murrah Building Memorial.  Not sure what else we will do.  We decide as we go.

At one point today we were following a truck that said "Coffee" on the back.  That's a truck I would love to follow to see where it's going!


No comments:

Post a Comment