Friday, August 10, 2012

Counting down

I have been traveling all of my life.  So why am I so worked up about this trip?   Maybe I have always gotten this worked up and have forgotten. 

This is the first trip Nick and I have made alone in ages.  And the longest trip we have made alone since our first child was born, in 1978.

I really cannot wait.  I am so looking forward to getting into the cat and going.   Seeing America together.  Spending time alone with no distractions.  Talking and laughing.  Looking at sights- together.    We have been married for 40 years.  We have more memories of our lives together than we have of our lives when we were single.  This is going to be a trip of new memories that we will share for the rest of our lives.

Please, everyone stay healthy.  That means family and friends and pets.   Be boring while we are gone.

This evening I think I figured out how to load pictures onto Nick's laptop.  That means, I should be able to post pictures of our travels on this blog!

Nite nite for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment