Saturday, October 25, 2014

It's all about the curry






This evening I cooked dinner.  I cooked chicken with leeks from the garden, flavored with broth, coconut milk and mild Thai curry.  And Jasmine rice, of course.  It smelled and tasted wonderful.  It reminded me of my mom.  We used to talk on the phone every day, my mom and I, and every day she would ask what I was cooking for dinner.  The answer was almost always "chicken".  I cooked it a million different ways, but we really had a lot of chicken dinners.     One evening, my mom came for dinner.  Since having my mom for dinner felt like a special occasion, I made something that the kids loved and that I didn't make very often.  I made a big pan of lasagna.

My mom said that the lasagna was good, but she had been looking forward to one of my chicken dinners!

Tonight, after Nick and I finished eating, Nick complimented my dinner (chicken), and said, of the smell and taste, "it's all about the curry".    I miss my mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment