Monday, January 21, 2013

Heartburn

I think someone wrote a book called "Heartburn" some time ago.  This, is not about that.  I have heartburn and it stinks and feels bad.

Earlier today, while sitting at my computer I opened a bag of sweet potato salt and vinegar chips.   I ate a few.  Then as I sat here I started to get heartburn.  Really burning.  I've taken a couple of different things that are supposed to help, so it isn't as bad as it was.  But it isn't great!

But, other than that, I am really okay.


Buddy!
It was a gorgeous day today.  Got up to the 60s I believe.  Nick and I went for a walk with Buddy.  We all needed to get out of the house.


 After that we went to Great Falls to find a coffee shop I found online.  Our old, occasional, favorite has closed down and is going to come back in its next life as a Thai restaurant.


So today we went to Katie's Coffee House.  It was hard to find at first, but then we figured out that it is attached to an Irish pub.    They were serving lunch, but all we wanted was coffee.  I saw people getting their food and it looked good.  Especially the fish and chips.   Boy would I love some fish and chips!  The only place I have had them gluten free is in Portland.  Ah well.

Actually, yesterday and today both had really good weather.  Yesterday I took the girls to Frying Pan Park- their mom asked if she could come with us, so she did.   It was not a hyper, exciting day.  It was a nice day of looking at the farm animals.  And we happened to arrive in time to watch a part of a horse show in the big barn.   Both girls took a lot of pictures.  A while back I gave each of them an old camera of mine.  They are good, digital cameras.  Not cheap ones, but some function I want is broken or something.  Anyway, they are good cameras for the girls.

I think their mom was surprised when I put on a CD of Australian music when we were driving.  The girls know all of the words to all of the songs.  Their mom hasn't spent the hours with me that the girls have, so doesn't know  all of our routines.

Tomorrow is a big day in the Washington area and for the country.   I plan to be a total couch potato and watch the inauguration on TV, while I knit, all day.

It is supposed to be sunny, but colder, and windy tomorrow.  There may be some few snow flurries in the later part of the day.  I am so glad I can watch it on our nice, color, big screen TV set!  I know that Nick and I will watch, and probably Austin.  Not sure if we will have company, but we'll be alright whether we have company or not.

Oh yeah, one more thing.  My son and his wife bought a white school bus.  It kind of looks like it may have been a prison bus.  Not sure?





No comments:

Post a Comment