Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tired


Tired.  Going to bed soon.  I was tired all day. Last night I couldn’t sleep and was up until close to 4:00am.  Hence the tiredness today.

I went to the chiropractor this morning which helped my sciatica.   Then I spent the day collapsed on the sofa watching TV and occasionally shifting laundry from washer to dryer to said sofa for folding.

It was cool outside today- in the 50s, which was absolutely wonderful.  I went out back a few times with the puppy.

I was too tired to go to my women’s group.   I am rarely that tired.  In fact, I came upstairs and took a nap until Nick said diner was ready.

I love it when I am writing at my computer as I am now, and I get tired and I lean back.   I close my eyes and maybe I sleep some.  I don’t know.  I just know that I will often open my eyes and wonder for a nanosecond where I am.

Depression and stress and sadness can contribute to fatigue.   I have all of those things.  I think I am pretty good about keeping them all in a balance that allows me to function and enjoy my life.

I am going to the gym in the morning.  I know that will make me feel better.  I am meeting new moms at a Breastfeeding CafĂ© at Starbucks tomorrow.  That will make me happier too.

Now I am going to bed to sleep.  That will give me energy to get through tomorrow.

Insanity, they say, is doing the same thing over and expecting different results.   I guess that I am insane.  I expect (hope for?)  flowers and accolades and I get dirty dishes and a lawn with no grass.     Am I am optimist, or just insane.  I doubt I will ever know

No comments:

Post a Comment