Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Progress? Maybe

Today marks four weeks since I had my knee surgery.  Up to now I have felt frustrated, scared and worried that I would never feel better.

The one blood clot that I had diagnosed a few weeks ago was so painful.   All the pain and lumpiness in my legs has made me so scared and concerned.

Last night after another night of being afraid to sleep, I woke Nick up and told him that I had to go to the hospital.   I expected him to disagree but he didn't .  I  told him I would take a cab if he didn't take me.

Turns out that the hospital down the street us in the same system as Reston Hospital, so they had total access to my records.

They reassured me that I was going to be alright.  The blood thinners are helping.  I have bakers cysts behind my knee which are a part of what is hurting the most.

I got a prescription for a muscle relaxer.  I took some this afternoon and it knocked me out.

So, for now anyway, I am not in too much pain.  I hope I am able to sleep all night and not wake up screaming in pain.   Fingers crossed.

I had planned for this to be a blog post about all sorts of philosophical stuff. Instead I wrote about my knee.



Good Night!





No comments:

Post a Comment