Friday, July 12, 2019

Tired all the time

I am not sure if I am always tired because I have a health concern like low (no) thyroid, low iron etc.   Or is it because I spend too much time thinking about everything.  Or is it just age? Maybe it's because  I am tired of being in almost constant pain and when I am not in pain I am thinking about being in pain.

Many people I know have burn out caused by the current political situation in the US.   Maybe that's it?  I have always been passionate about things effecting the health of the planet and the health of people (especially babies).   But in the past this passion has energized me.  A lot.

I do feel energized on Tuesday afternoons after the Breastfeeding Cafe' that I host.  I love seeing and holding babies.  I love helping moms.  Even if all they need is someone to talk to.  I could be the grandmother to all of these babies, and am probably older than most of the mothers of the new mothers.  But I think that's part of why it works.    I can say things that are probably the same thing that their mothers would say, but without the baggage of being their mother.  They don't have that kind of tension with me. 

Lately I have been falling asleep on the sofa in the evening while watching the news.  No, I do not have any insomnia any more.  I used to stay up until 2:00 am and still have trouble falling asleep.

I know that being sedentary contributes to feeling low energy.  But I think that's what I need right now.

I am looking forward to my knee replacement surgery.  I am afraid of the pain and the recovery, but I know that once I am healed, probably after my second knee replacement surgery, I am going to feel wonderful!

Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment