Monday, April 6, 2020

Zoom

Zoom is a new phenomenon, at least to me.  It is a program that allows meetings that are face to face in real time through the internet.

For two weeks now I have joined in a Zoom La Leche League meeting.   Yesterday Nick and I joined a Zoom meeting with members of our church/ dinner group.  It was really nice to stay connected with the people that we would normally be sitting and eating and talking with.  Also, it encouraged Nick and I to shower and get dressed.

It is so easy to stay in pajamas all day when there is so little structure to the day.  And for me that means not having  a shower.  Occasionally I think that is is good to take a mental health, pajamas all day kind of day.  But this seems to be the new normal.

Folks are joking about what day it is.  And honestly it is hard to keep track of the day and date.

An awful lot of my friends report having trouble falling asleep.  Getting to bed and to sleep at 2, 4 and 5 am and sleeping much of their day away.    Again,, under normal conditions, we would call this depression.  And maybe it is.  Maybe it's a "who cares" attitude.  Social distancing, the behavior that we strive for keeps us away from people. 

The world (my world anyway) seems so quiet.  There is so little traffic on the roads.  The neighborhood kids are not outside running around.  We have become a community of shut ins.

Now it is suggested that everyone wear masks.  I put a picture of my mask on the blog the other day .   I want to make more masks but just can;t seem to get going.

One of the things we have talked about (Nick and I that is) is how, even though we miss our parents, we are glad, for lack of a better word,glad they don't have to experience this pandemic.  We wouldn't be able to see them in person and it would be hard for all of us.

The real people, doctors and scientists are trying to drive home how serious this corona-virus is.  The president is acting in his usual buffoonery.  He is a fool, a narcissist, and a very dangerous person.

That's my ramble for this morning.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment