Saturday, April 18, 2020

where's my energy?

Here I sit, thinking about all the things I could do.   I got all excited about the possibility of making masks to share and help people prevent or at least slow down the corona virus.  I cut some fabric.  I set up the ironing board and fabric and scissors and made sure that the bobbin on my sewing machine was full.   I printed out several patterns for masks.   I made one mask.   Nick uses it.  I didn't find it easy to figure out the pattern and instructions.    I like patterns that have clear and precise instructions.   I don't do frustration well.      I saw another pattern that looked easier than the first one.  I made that one for myself.  I use it some, but mostly I don't go anywhere.

I mentioned to one of my kids that I could make one for him.  And then I didn't and he, who inherited my impatience, got upset that he didn't have a mask,   We bought some from a compounding pharmacy and I mailed one to him.  I hope it helps.

I think about exercising, moving my body.  Every so often, Nick and I take a walk with Buddy (the dog).  Not every day though. 

Some days I stay in my pajamas all day.  Getting up and going to bed without showering or changing.  That doesn't really happen that often.  

We'll be okay.  I get it.  I understand why we need to stay home and mainly isolated. 

I am not really sure how different our lives are now compared to pre-virus.   But I do miss just being able to browse around Target, or wherever.
 
The sweater I am knitting for Courtney is coming along and the act of knitting feels productive.

No trips for a while.  No flying to Portland.  No cruise to Alaska.  No new knee surgery.

First world problems.





No comments:

Post a Comment