Saturday, April 11, 2020

I think it's Saturday

The last time I was out and about with my sister was Wednesday March 11th I think.  She went with me to a pre-op appointment for the knee replacement surgery that was scheduled for March 17th.  

I was planning to attend a lactation conference  in Philadelphia, riding with my friend Maureen.  I decided not to go, and took some things over to Maureen's house for her to take with her.  She contacted me the next day to tell me that she had not gone either.  Her 28 year old son called her and tole her to stay home.  We would have been there Thursday through Sunday, March 12th through 15th.

And so I have been in quarantine since then.  Nick does the shopping.   I stay home.  I know that we went somewhere since the quarantine started, but I cannot remember where.  Occasionally we go for  a ride in the car and we take walks to keep from becoming total shut ins.

We have food.  We have toilet paper, which seems to be a big concern with a lot of people.  Maybe I'll feel different if we start to run low.  We have shelter.  We have each other.

People joke on Facebook (my link to the world) that it's impossible to keep track of what day it is.  It does seem that way.  It's true.  Even though Nick and I are living in retirement, there were activities to help keep track of what day it is.   Right now it is Saturday, almost 5:00 pm, and I am still in my nightgown.   I don't know why actually.

I worry about all of my kids.  I am in contact with one pretty much every day.  The others from time to time.   They will all be alright.  It's just a strange time.


I started working on a pullover sweater that I am making for Courtney.  I have more letters to file away into binders.   I have made 2 masks now and feel like I should be making more.

Buddy the dog is pretty much fine.  He is used to having us around most of the time.  So we all meld pretty well together.





2 comments:

  1. Nice masks! And you're smart, staying in - every time I run to the store, I feel like I'm playing Russian roulette. But I have to go to the store, because my almost empty nest is filling up, for various reasons: a 26-year-old who had to repatriate from overseas, a college sophomore who will be home for the foreseeable future...it's all so unexpected, and I really thought I was done with cooking for a crowd!

    ReplyDelete