Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Random thoughts

Life.  yeah, life.  It seems like with this social distancing and self imposed isolation, I'd be getting all of the things I have been putting off, done.

Sewing?  I could do that.  I have a great sewing machine.  But I haven't touched needle and thread for ages.   Knitting.  yes, I have been knitting.  I've made two beautiful scarves.  I am working on a third.  But the one I am working on keeps getting messed up.  I cannot understand what's going on.  The pattern is 36 stitches wide.  Yet, every few rows I count and find that I have one fewer or one more than 36 stitches.    Of course I am not perfect.  It is normal to make a mistake, or find one when looking at a finished product.  And this is not a complicated pattern.  There are only two different row differences- rows 1&2 are the same, rows 3&4 are the same.  So what gives?

I think my mind is boggled.  My concentration is lacking.  I operate on automatic, but somehow that isn't good enough for this pattern being done by this person at this particular time in world history.

Nick and I often find ourselves in our pajamas much of the day.  One day I fell asleep in my clothes and just kept those clothes on all the next day

The kitchen floor needs to be swept.  The toilets need to be cleaned.   Vacuuming wouldn't be a bad idea.

There are canned goods in the pantry that passed their "use by" date.  Okay that's what I'll work on.  I'll clean and organize the pantry.
Or will I?   I don't know.  I feel that inertia is keeping me from moving.  From "doing". 

People are joking on Facebook about how much they (we) are all eating and the weight we are probably gaining.

I think we are all boggled,  uncertain of the future.  Scared.  Is this the end of the word?   Gun sales have gone up.  Will there be civil or uncivil disobedience?  Will houses get broken into and robbed by people seeking toilet paper?  There has been a lack of toilet paper in the stores due to people hoarding it.

I plod along.   I am still in my nightgown.  Buddy the dog is at the top of the stairs whining.  That's his "normal".   Unless some thine really exciting happens, like someone coming to the door,  Buddy has a phobia about stairs.  he will not walk down the stairs unless one of us is up stairs and behind him encouraging him.

I'll go upstairs now and get a shower, get dressed, and help Buddy come down the stairs



No comments:

Post a Comment