Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Corona virus

your Profile Photo, Image may contain: possible text that says '#StayHome It could save lives'












Right now I am supposed to be in the operating room having a knee replacement surgery on my right knee.  I wanted to get it done and get it over with.   But now there's "social distancing"   Which means we should not be in close contact with other people.  Knowing that I would be needing a lot of intense physical therapy, and knowing that means close contact, I decided that I should postpone the surgery.  No idea when it will happen at the point, but that's okay.

Sunday evening I went to bed so tired that I fell sleep in my clothes.  When I got up I figured, hey I I'm already dressed, so I didn't change.  I did put on a nightgown to sleep in last night.  And now here I am in my nightgown desperately needing a shower.  

We are on a self imposed quarantine I suppose.  Nick has gone out shopping a few times.  I resist because I honestly am concerned about getting this disease.  I think that I am pretty healthy.  But somehow I tend to get weird and exotic things. So I stay home.

I am knitting another scarf.   I'm sure at the end of this I will have a pile of scarves and dish clothes to show for my time.    Not sure what I will do with all of these things, but it keeps me busy.

As much as I miss my parents and Nick's parents, I am not sorry that they re not here right now.  I would be a wreck worrying about them and their health and well being.  My own kids are worried about my/ our health.

Okay,  time to shower and change out of my smelly nightgown  and get back to my knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment