Friday, March 13, 2020

Hunkering Down

The world is experiencing a pandemic.  Corona virus is popping up all over the world. According to the CDC there are 110 countries affected by this disease now.  

These numbers are changing rapidly for the worse.  People are on self quarantine.  Stores are crowded and people are storing up necessities.   It's almost a joke that people are stocking up on toilet paper.   It is something that I guess we all need.   Hoarding is for real.

Watching the news feels like watching a doomsday movie.  Like there is something evil letting itself into everyone's lives.  Not sure how it ends.  Pretty badly for the sick, dieing or the families of those already dead.

People are still wondering if it's real.  Is it a hoax?  

Meanwhile we try to be "normal".   Worrying about ourselves.  Trying not to go out into the sick world.

And, me, I have hives. an allergic reaction to an antibiotic I have been taking for a UTI.   I see the doctor in a while about my hives.

I am scheduled to have a knee replacement surgery next week.   Tuesday March 17th.    I hope that the hives don't have any impact on my surgery.  If so I guess I'll re-book at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment