Monday, March 18, 2019

Words

This last weekend I attended LC in PP Workshop (Lactation Consultants in Private Practice) in Philadelphia.  This is the fourth time I have attended and the first time it didn't snow while we were there.

The word "boob" was used a lot.  By just about everyone (even myself I must confess)    I really don't like the word when it is used for "breast". 

We are all supposed to be professionals.  Breastfeeding professionals.  If a doctor used the word "boob" I would not be very impressed. 

Aside from that peeve, the conference was great.  I learned new things and met with other people (mostly women).  There were many familiar faces and I met a lot of new people.  I won't remember a lot of the names, but I recognized faces and rekindled friendships.

I feel like I am rambling here.  I really sat down to write because of the word that bothers me.  Boob.

No comments:

Post a Comment