Friday, June 26, 2015

sleep, sunshine, a dog park and a garden. they all help

corn and a bean plant 



Yesterday I decided to take a nap.  I decide that just about every day.  Then I don't get around to it for one reason or another.  Or for no reason.  Well, yesterday I did take a nap.  I forced myself to.  I slept for over an hour and when I woke up I felt really good.  Better than I have in a long time.  Hurray for sleep.  I should do more of it!

My sister gave me a sort of leash. seat belt for Buddy.  She has one for one of her dogs.  It works really well, when it works.  Somehow Buddy figured out how to unbuckle it.  I will put a picture of Buddy and his seat belt here.

For some reason I cannot explain, or figure out how to fix, my blog is a little bit haunted.  Some of Ann's obituary somehow is floating on and over the writing here.   Hi Ann!



Buddy buckled in





Buddy and I went to the dog park.  He loved it, and ran and ran with the other dogs.  I took a picture, but it was all dogs and dust and blur.  You couldn't make out which one was Buddy (except he is usually the short one).   I deleted that picture.

After the dog park, Buddy and I went to see how the garden is growing.  Well, it is growing well.  The weeds are growing especially well.  A couple of the tomato plants look like they are dried out, which I cannot understand.  We have had rain (I almost wrote snow!) at least every other day if not more.  That's why I have not been to the garden in a while.

One of the things I do not like about working in a garden, or doing much of anything in the outdoors, aside from the heat, is the bugs.   I cannot stand them.  And they love me.   They love my ears "bzz bzzbzz".  They love my arms and legs "chomp chomp" and they love my face "oh no I think I swallowed one"!


I don't like sweating a whole lot either.  I guess I am just a wimp!

I have always liked the idea of farming and gardening.  But my fantasy garden is without bugs and weeds and is not too hot.   Yeah, dream on.

Ok, so I took some pictures and here they are.  Ta da!

Tomatoes on the vine

Beans and squash

More beans and squash










Buddy resting on the squash

Tomatoes and weeds

looking towards the garden gate- corn on the right beans squash on the left
 Oh yeah, cannot forget to forecast for tomorrow.  I have never seen a weather map so colorful before!


No comments:

Post a Comment