Friday, July 3, 2015

Summer is not all bad

Give me a season and I can complain about it.  I am good at complaining.  It's what I do.  It is how I express myself I guess.

I do like long, sunny days in summer.  I do not like humidity, sweat, bugs, the sun blinding me.   I like all of the plants and trees and flower that come alive at this time of year. And all of the wild life seems more vocal and alive. 

This afternoon I took some pictures in our back yard.  The pictures are of the day lilies we brought over from Nick's parent's yard when we first moved in to this house in 1983.    They originated in Iowa and some of them were prize winners-one of Nick's grandparents grew them.   I guess plants have a genealogy don't they?

Also this year there are some newcomers to the yard.  I am pretty sure I have already posted pictures of the hosta plants.  I bought them and Austin planted them. 

Speaking of Austin, he is planning to take off on his bike and ride off into the sunset.  I don't know where he is going and I am not sure if he knows either.  But, not having a plan is a plan in itself.

Here's Austin's bike, all tuned up and getting kitted out:







And here are some pictures of some garden beauties!


If you look hard, you can see the renegade potato plant.  When I planted my potatoes in a huge put, I discovered that I had missed one little piece of a seedling potato.  I just tossed it in the yard, and it decided to grow in spite of me!  Lower down the page you can see those wonderful day lilies!





No comments:

Post a Comment