Monday, June 2, 2014

Very quick, late night, tired Nancy post

This evening I was putting the clean towels away in the linen closet.  They reminded me of going shopping with my mom before we went to Australia.

I had told my mom that our house in Perth had five bathrooms, so we needed a lot of towels.  I have two sets of green/ yellow/ blue striped towels that my mom bought.  There are also some floral towels.  We still have them after all these years.  And I still remember the joy in my mom's face as she proudly told anyone that would listen "my daughter is moving to Australia.  They will have five bathrooms in their house."

I wonder if anyone was impressed by what my mother said?  Her gestures, like furnishing your five bathroom house with towels.

Ok, off to bed.  Maybe I'll dream about towels!

No comments:

Post a Comment