Sunday, August 2, 2020

How's Your Sunday Going?

I fell and I couldn't get up. I fell in the bushes in front of my house - trying to turn off the hose. I didn't have my phone with me. Yelling and throwing shoes at the windows did not get my husband, or the dog's attention. A neighbor called my husband's cell phone- which my husband did not hear. Neighbor rang the door bell- dog and husband didn't respond. Finally the neighbor called our landline. Between my husband and my neighbor they were able to get me up. Kneeling is not something I can do or I would have been able to rescue myself.

My left arm








My left leg

My right side 


                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            









This all happened early this afternoon.  I was sore, mad- mostly at myself and I felt stupid.   But I am glad that I was not hurt worse.  I felt myself falling, so was somewhat able to slow myself from just banging on the ground or getting impaled by a branch.  Damn azaleas have really stiff and strong branches!

My left hip hurts.  My back hurts.

When we were in Australia I fell off a bike.  It's more of a story than I want to write here.  I flew over the handlebar and landed on my face mostly.   I recall lying there feeling pain in my legs and thinking that was a good thing.  That's good for two reasons:  One is, if you can feel pain you are alive.  The other is, if you can feel your legs you probably are not paralyzed.

Heading to bed and hoping that I am not too sore in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment