Monday, August 10, 2020

All my children

I used to watch a soap opera by that name "All My Children". 

I think about all of my children all the time.   I have so many things I fell like I should tell them.  Each separately . They are all special, individuals. 

What would I say?  I really don't know.  I often think about writing letters.  Five letters, one to each.  Maybe I will one day before I die. (I'm not in any hurry).

I used to be the best letter writer in the world.  When we were overseas, I wrote letters just about every day.  I had a log in which I kept a record of who I had written to and who I had received mail from.

My mother and my in-laws saved all of my letters and gave them back to me.     I wrote about them a few months ago.  I put a lot of my letters, written by me, and those received- letters from home.

I think I have allowed email to replace letter writing by hand. That in itself is not a bad thing.  But the  too tendency to push send and forget it is too easy (?).   Write it and forget it.

Oh well.  One day I will write those letters.

In the meantime, the kids have to take my word for it- they are amazing and the most important people in my world.

Just a few of the binders of letters I have organized



No comments:

Post a Comment