Wednesday, November 6, 2019

All of my pieces......















This comic strip from Sunday's paper makes me think about my own situation.   I have had so many surgeries that I sometimes forget to list some when I am filling out forms with new doctors.

I asked Nick recently, if he didn't think that it's strange that I have an artificial knee.  His answer was "no, you already have a plate in your head"!     I do know that, but I hadn't really thought of it that way I guess.

My new knee isn't anywhere close to being as painful as it was the first few weeks.   It does hurt, and it doesn't have the range of motion it needs to have to function like a real knee. 

It's a strange feeling when I go up stairs.  Each step is difficult, but it feels like something pulling too tight as opposed to being really painful.

Next week I am going to have a manual manipulation on my knee.  It's an outpatient in hospital procedure.  I will be knocked out and the doctor will twist my knee in order to break up the scar tissue that is keeping my flexibility down.  I am afraid of how much it will hurt.  But I feel like it's the right thing to do so I can get my knee working like a normal knee.

Tomorrow my sister and I are headed to New Orleans on a La Leche League Alumni/ Friends of La Leche League trip.     The crown is the group's logo.    I have never been there and really am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment