Monday, April 27, 2015

yes, it is spring!

It's funny, for the last few days, more or less, I have been thinking about writing about spring.  About all of the trees and plants getting greener  I have been waxing poetic, mostly in my head, to myself, about "the circle of life" or something like that.  Maybe not as trite as that though.

I love winter and the beauty of snow.  I don't mind the cold if I am dressed warm enough.   But then spring comes and I fall in love with this season all over again.

It comes every year.  Not everywhere in the world I suppose.  Some places have fewer and more subtle season changes.   But here, in the D.C area, the seasons tend to be predictable, even if on a day to day basis, not so much.

Here are a few pictures I have taken with my new smart phone.   I am still not totally in love with this phone- it is actually a pain in the butt in oh so many ways.  But, as the seasons can change, so can I.



Hosta




Looking toward the neighbors house- view of my favorite lilac bush



Close up of the lilac



Looking at the white azaleas and the back of our house






No comments:

Post a Comment