Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Surgery went well and I am home

Surgery went well. I don't remember much about being intubated except that they went in through my nose. My throat is sore and I have a cough which I am sure is normal. Other than that I feel great! I can actually see a difference- the big lump in my neck is gone!

I asked the surgeon to take a picture of my goiter/ thyroid which she did. I saw the picture- it was a huge thing. She (surgeon) said it was hard and removing it was like chipping at cement.

I will see the surgeon again next week and learn what the pathology is. Hopefully no cancer, but somehow I am not too concerned about that.

I am attaching a picture that Nick took this morning at the hospital.



Taken at the hospital a day after surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment