Sunday, April 5, 2015

It's all good

The results of the MIR I had last week, according to my neurologist and the nurse at Johns Hopkins, are negative.  No, that doesn't mean I don't have a brain.  IT means my brain does not have any new tumor growth.  Or any tumor at all.   I am still having headaches, but am hoping that a medication change will correct that soon.

It is 7:00 pm and I am still in my pajamas.   Well, why not?   Actually, I usually take a shower in the morning before I get dressed for the day.  Since we have to get up before the crack of dawn tomorrow, I am going to get my shower tonight so I don't have to at 3:30 in the morning.

Why are we getting up so early you ask?    I am having my thyroidectomy tomorrow at 7:30 am.  I have to be at the hospital by 5, and it is a long drive.   

I know that this surgery will be a lot "easier" than my brain surgery, but, it is surgery.  I will have anesthesia.   I will be cut open and then stitched up.  Not fun.  I think if I had not had brain surgery less than a  year ago, I would be freaking out.  But I am not.  I am pretty calm.   I am convinced that after this is done and I am all healed up I will feel better than I have in a long time.  yes I will!

Buddy and Tigger aren't worried!

No comments:

Post a Comment