Thursday, October 3, 2013

It's already October!

I keep meaning to write and then when I sit down in front of my computer, I can't think of anything to say.   Honestly, I am always thinking "I should write about" whatever is on my mind.

It's been a busy few weeks with lactation work.  That's a good thing both financially and because I love the work.   I almost always find the situation better when I make my follow up calls.  Every now and then things are not that much better.  I try to help the moms come up with some other ideas of how to find their own breastfeeding success.   

There is an ad on TV where this guy has people painting on a sign.  They are supposed to be writing what their dream job would be if they could choose anything.  Every time I see that ad, I think -I am doing my dream job!  My biggest problem is that there is not enough time to help every single mom in the world who needs my help.   I know that there are lots of other LCs out there who are good and even great.  I also know that there are a few in this area who are not so good.  I all too often have to clean up their messes.

I went to church for two weeks in a row.  Once alone and the second time with Nick.   It was nice.  I enjoyed it a lot.  So why have I missed the last two weeks?  I just don't know.  Partly I think it is too much work to get up and go out on a Sunday when I don't really have to.   I know a lot of people there, but I feel like I have run out of things to talk about.   Not sure what it's all about really.

One of the things I have noticed is that everyone is getting old.  Duh.  I mean, yeah, of course we are all getting older.  That's how it works.   But when you don't see folks for a while, it is a bit of a surprise to see a whole, familiar congregation growing jowls.  It's funny.  We all seem to develop our aging patterns in pretty much the same way.  Those little lines that run from the corners of the mouth down the chin.  They almost look like the lines on a ventriloquist's dummy's mouth.   On cue.  Like the babies I see each week at Starbucks.  There is a flock right now who are all within a couple of weeks of each other in age.  Their moms talk about head support and teething and tummy time.  Of course we are all, old and young, individuals.  But there are the expected patterns of development and aging. 

Oh, I have written something.  Now I feel so much better!  Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment