Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

Had Easter dinner with my 95 year old mother in law.  It was nice to see her- haven't seen her in a while.  I wish I was feeling better so I could have been better company.  

I have double ear infections and had/ have a headache.   On antibiotics, but I am not sure they are working.  I may call the doctor again tomorrow.


Thinking about Easters past.  We have sure colored loads of eggs, and made baskets for the kids.  One year my mother bought some cute Easter baskets for the kids.  A friend of hers made them- they looked like bunnies (sort of).  Thing is, we had 4 kids when she got them, so when we had Chance, I made a matching one for him.

The year Morgan was born (1981), I was living with my in-laws for a few months.  Courtney and I got to color eggs with Grandma and Grandpa Sherwood.  I remember Grandma Sherwood (my mother in law) hiding eggs in the yard for Courtney and then helping three year old Courtney find the eggs!
We also went to my brother's place and colored eggs with him and my sister.  

And I think about the fact that my brother was born on Easter Sunday.   I know that was special for my parents.

Something I read today in a "residents comments" book:  "alas, the demise of a perfectly good hot dog due to the lack of baked beans"





No comments:

Post a Comment