Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Warren Maine- our son's home

 Austin bought this old house here in Warren, Maine about a year and a half ago.  I probably wrote about it at the time, but I don't remember.

Austin originally came up here (yes I am in Austin's house as I write this) to study at the Maine Media Workshop-https://www.mainemedia.edu/.  He has made friends here and has really been doing interesting work in filmmaking.  I am one of those parents who is proud of her children even if I cannot exactly explain or sometimes even understand what they are doing.

Austin had the opportunity to attend SOAK, a regional Burning Man even that takes place in Oregon.  Austin flew out of Maine to Seattle where he spent a few days with his older brother, Morgan- who lives there.  Then he took the train from Seattle to Portland, Oregon where his sister Courtney lives.   All three of them will be attending SOAK together.

Morgan and Austin being silly



Maine is so beautiful,  and Austin's 200 year old house is very cool with lots of character.  And it could be a full time renovation job if you are into that.  Here are some of the photos I have taken.
When I attempt to label each picture individually they shift around and get skewed, so, I am just adding them and describing what's what.

What you see here is the garden shed; the house with the sun setting behind it; the side of the barn; view of the house from inside the garden shed; Nick and Austin in front of the house-on the left and the attached barn on the right; a nice picture of Austin when we were having a nice lunch on the pier (not sure what the body of water is called);  Austin's house after dark and last but not least, the amazing ferns growing behind the house 















No comments:

Post a Comment