Saturday, May 28, 2022

Life goes on but it doesn't for all of us.

 A terrible thing happened this past week.  A school shooting in an elementary school in Texas.   So many people's lives are changed forever.  When they try to sleep they will think of their loved ones, now gone.  When they wake up, they will hope it was all a bad dream.  But it doesn't go away.

There will be marches and memorials and funerals.  And then, time passes.  Nobody forgets.  But life goes on and a new normal sets in.    Normal.  what does that mean?

And I feel great sadness.  Despair.   Anger.  Grief.  And then, I go on living.

We are still in Maine.  We went into town and I bought some yarn.   We recycled and took trash to the Transfer Station- what the dump is called here.

We drove through McDonald's and learned that they don't sell salads any more.

Doing laundry last night ns this morning.  Working on putting new plastic on the green house/ hoop house on Austin's property.

The other day we went sight seeing  looking for the Owls Head Light House.  We found the parking lot, but discovered that there was a bit of a walk to get to the lighthouse.  More walking than I can do. So we did not see the lighthouse.  We did see the Owls Head Post office and Penobscot Bay though.



We worked on patching the green house/ hoop house on Austin's property and now we are tired.    Life takes a toll.   I don't have the stamina or strength or balance to do what I want to.  I want to be able to climb and run and walk through small spaces without feeling like I am going to tip over.

Of course all of those children and teachers who were gunned down will never experience aging.  And my life goes plugging on.   Why?

 





 


No comments:

Post a Comment