Saturday, May 21, 2022

Maine. We went to a car show in Union, Maine

 We went to car show in Union, Maine.   So many familiar car models.  The car with fins is a 1961 Chrysler Newport.  The same model car we had when I was a kid.  The car we drove across the country and back in.  The  to car my sister learned drive on.  Our was white though.

There's a picture of a bright yellow car that is a 1967 Dodge Dart.  The same model I learned on.  But my mom's Dart was a dark copper color with a black roof.

The orange and white Volkswagen bus is the same color combination as the one my son bought.   The one we saw today was a 1974 model.  So was my son's- but his was a well worn and well loved one called "Smudge" because it burned so much oil.

The music played at the car show was classic 1960s music and so great to hear.

It's so strange. funny that those "antique" cars are the ones we knew as kids!














No comments:

Post a Comment