Sunday, October 4, 2020

More from Facebook/ "Born this way"

 Something I wrote on Facebook October 1, 2020

Many of you know the Lady Gaga song "Born this Way". Well, I am a bit of an extrovert. I was born this way. I think maybe it is hard for some people to understand me and think I am just trying to get attention all the time. I don't think that's it though. I have so much rolling around in my mind all the time. I am usually excited about things/ life/ causes, whatever. I want to share my enthusiasm and joy.
My husband all my 5 children are all introverts to some extent or another. I think that often they just find me annoying. Embarrassing even. Afraid of what I might say next. I guess that's not too unreasonable. But it makes me sad at times.
There are times I want to celebrate. Birthdays, Anniversaries, special days of all sorts.
I want to share these days with the people I love the most. I hope and wish they can give me the time and place to celebrate with all of us together.
My (our) 50th anniversary is in less than 2 years. The thought of having all of my children with us fills me with joy. I hope we can do it.
*************************************************************************** 
 
I wrote it because I was feeling really down. I was talking about having something special- a party or a trip or something, with all five kids.  The response I was hearing is that it would be too much to ask all of the kids to come. To go out of their way. That I am setting myself up for disappointment. Well, at that moment I was feeling disappointment. Instead of sharing my excitement and anticipation, I was feeling like MY feelings are not the most important. 
 
We've talked about it and I am sure it will be fine. I just get sad and disappointed that I can be asked to put my feelings last.

No comments:

Post a Comment