Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Days are getting shorter. Election day is almost here.

 


 


This picture was taken recently as the sun was getting ready to set.   I love the golden hues of this time of day at this time of the year.

I am finding myself feeling more and more discombobulated as the coronavirus pandemic goes on and on and people keep getting sick- many of them dying.   
 
The campaign for the 2020 presidential election keeps getting crazier by the day.  Trump has always been way over the top, but now he has come completely off the rails.   My sister and I voted early.  Record numbers of people all over the country are voting early.  The though was that by encouraging early voting there would be less contact and more social distancing.  I think a lot of us are voting early because we are suspicious of the opposition and what they will do to steal this election.  I do fear violence at the polls on election day and I honestly hope I am wrong.

Meanwhile, in my corner of the world, a friend's husband died.  It was expected.  He was 84 and on hospice care.  But the pandemic made it harder for the family to say their goodbyes and hold a larger funeral.

Another friend's father (also in his 80s) is in the ICU on a ventilator with Covid 19.    A friend's great aunt is in the hospital with Covid.  

Oh, and a friend just revealed that she has Alzheimer's .

I miss my in person La Leche League meetings.  I have been trying to hold Zoom, online meetings, but it takes a lot out of me.   I have decided to take a break for a while.  Another LLL Group has offered to take in "my moms".

I am a moderator on  a Facebook group for parents (mostly moms) who are seeking information and support for co-sleeping (sleeping with their babies) safely.   I got the support for my mothering, including co-sleeping, from La Leche League.  I know that with the pandemic, nobody is going to any in person meetings.  But I suspect most of these moms wouldn't go anyway.  And it's too bad.  They could get real support and meet other moms in the same situation.

I cannot imagine being a new mom right now.   The misinformation they get now is as bad as if not worse than what I got almost 43 years ago.     Oh well.

It's almost 2:30 in the afternoon, and Nick and I are both still in our pajamas!

We are not handing out Halloween candy this year (covid).  Not doing much for Thanksgiving or Christmas.   

What a stupid year 2020 has been .    

On a happier note, I met my sister at a pet rescue place and she got this wonderful little dog.  The dog's name is Princess Leah.  I suggested "Lady"  we'll see.



Election day is November 3rd.  Will we celebrate or cry?  I guess we'll see.







No comments:

Post a Comment