Wednesday, September 9, 2020

It's still 2020. There's still a pandemic. Trump is still presdent. Life goes on. And on. And on...

 For several months I have checked the statistics for the Corona-virus in Loudoun County, Virginia where we lived and also for the state of Virginia.  I have several little notebooks where I have written down this information.   I am not exactly why I have been doing it.  Will someone one day find these bits of paper and wonder?   Does it make any difference?  I honestly do not know.    I have not been keeping track as much for the last week or so.  It seems pointless.  The world seems to be as scary as it was in March.  Maybe we are getting  used to it.  Maybe we are getting tired of it.  Maybe we just don't know what to do or think.

 

 
 
Meanwhile, Nick has gout attacks.  My knees hurt.  We both have good and bad days.  Or at least bad and not so  bad days.  We must look like we are a hundred years old when we hobble around the place.
 
I read a saying the other day that I cannot recall, but it was something about how old age is supposed to slowly sneak up on you, but in reality is  just jumps on you, and body slams you.  I know that's not how it went.  Oh well.  I can't really tell if I feel old, am old, or just lazy.  Huh!

I finished a 500 piece puzzle recently.    It was fun and challenging. I sort of feel like working on another puzzle, but am not 100% sure.  



How do we spend our days?   We sleep late (ish).  Eat breakfast.  Drink coffee- probably too much coffee.  Watch TV.  Water plants.  Tomatoes, green peppers, coleus, indoor plants as well.  I knit.  Nick plays at his computer.    I play at my computer.   I have Zoom meetings on Mondays and Tuesdays.    






It's too hard somehow to read a book.  The ability to concentrate is not really there.   Or maybe not the ability but the desire?   I don't know.
 
We grew too many tomatoes, so I put a note on the neighborhood Facebook group and offered them to anyone who would like to have them  Some green bell pepper as well.  It was a hit!  I hate to grow food and then end up throwing it away!

I have postponed my right knee replacement surgery indefinitely.  I don't want to be in a hospital in the time of the pandemic.

And then there's the upcoming election.  There are 55 days until November 3, 2020.   I remember four years ago how much I dreaded the possibility that Trump might become president.   Of course it couldn't really happen.  Hillary Clinton was sure to win.  When she did not win I think my world went into a dark depression.  By "my world" I mean the world of people who wanted Hillary and were sure she was the one who would win.

And now we have the Trump party working hard to retain the office of president.   I am on edge.  Worried.  Scared.  The man has done so much damage and harm to America that it is sickening.

And on that cheery note, I am off to take a shower.  Buddy the wonder dog is at the vet getting his teeth cleaned, which is why we got up way too early this morning.  Now we wait for the call to pick him up!






No comments:

Post a Comment