Thursday, September 17, 2020

48 days till "the" election

 My profound thought, that I was going to write on Facebook is this:  Everyone pretty much knows who they favor for the election.  I wouldn't consider Trump under any circumstances.  There are just too many bad. terrible things about him.   People who support Trump are firm in their conviction as well.  I think that they are wrong.  They think I am wrong.   So, why do we all keep posting and saying things about it?   Why do I bother saying negative stuff?  I am not going to change anyone's mind.  And most of my friends are with me on the political spectrum.

Are we venting.  Are we trying to keep our morale high?  Are we thinking that maybe "the other side" will say "oh I see, yes you are right"?   I guess it's just what we do.  Cheer for our favorites and villainize  the other guy.   There's so much worry, stress, anxiety. I for one am truly afraid.  Many others are too.  But, the only thing I know that I can do it vote.  And vote I will!

It's 2020.  What could go wrong?   Let's see, almost two hundred thousand people in America have died of Corona Virus.   Schools are not opening, many colleges are closed.  Most of us are careful and cautious and stay home as much as possible.   When we go anywhere, we wear a mask.  With the exception of a group who believe that masks are a violation of their constitutional rights.  That covid is a hoax.   So we watch and wait and hope for the disease to die out (no pun intended)

Demonstrations for the Black Lives Matter cause.  Justifiable especially in the wake of George Floyd's death at the hands- or rather knee, of police.

Lets see, how about some wild fires just to make life more interesting.  In California, Oregon and Washington the smoke is making the air quality dangerous.    And I have three of my children living there, in the smoke.  Breathing it.  And I worry.

Image may contain: sky, tree, outdoor and natureA picture of a plane taking off in Portland Oregon two days ago.  Picture taken by my daughter.







 





My son lives in Seattle.  Here's his view from his apartment: three days ago this is how smokey it was.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor 

 

 Yesterday

 

 2view from my son's apartment 2018when I visited



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment