Wednesday, February 26, 2014

February 25, 2014

I am about half way through the Gold's Gym 12 week challenge.  I was leery at first, but decided to give it a try.  So I have been going to the gym for what seems a non-stop run of classes; Yoga, Pilates, Spin.  I rook one Belly Dancing class and then it got replaced by something else.

I know that when I do go to the gym twice so far this week, about 6 times last week, I always feel better.  But right now I am in a slump.  No, I don't think it is because I am bored with it.  I love it, really I do.   I have more energy and think I can feel some changes in my body.  Not much though.  Nothing really measurable.  That's discouraging.  But I am not going to stop.

I found out about a week and a half ago that my thyroid levels are low.  I have been taking Synthroid since 1995.  That's 19 years.   The doctor said I needed to "tweak" my dosages.  I asked about taking Armour thyroid, so I am.  This, according to all of the people on the internet with thyroid problems, it THE answer.  It would be nice.  I am not sure how I will know if it is working, or is it not possible?  I do go for a blood test next week to see how I am doing.

I am still not too happy about what I see in the full length mirrors at the gym, but I am getting used to myself.  And I try to just not look so much!

*****************************************************************************
Far more important that all of that, it is Courtney's birthday!  My first born baby is 36 today.  Wow!

I have learned everything I know, or at least everything that is important, from my children.  They have made me laugh.  They let me bring out the crazy, occasional creative self in me.

Courtney, my first baby, taught me about love at first sight

I posted some pictures on Facebook, so I am going to see if I can get them to post here.

Me, liking a lollipop waiting for labor to kick in- at Prommitr Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand


Courtney about 2 weeks old.  I lost my belly right away!
Courtney 5 months old, back in the States


Courtney the business woman
Courtney the writer

No comments:

Post a Comment