Sunday, November 10, 2013

On vacation

I am at Ocean City, Maryland.   I cannot remember the last time I was here- probably well before having children.    I'm here, at the age of 59, with a group of my women friends, all of whom are older than I am.    We are having a wonderful time!
Looks Like we were let out for the day!

Got here Friday afternoon.  We unpacked and went to dinner at Higgins Crab House, and then just sat around and visited until bedtime.    Yesterday, (Saturday), we went for a walk in the neighborhood where we are staying.  Just looking at water and houses.

After that we went to the Boardwalk.  At this time of the year the shops on the Boardwalk are only open on Saturday, so we had to go then.  I got fresh fries from the Boardwalk that were delicious, hot and sprinkled with just the right amount of salt vinegar.
Kites flying over the beach- by the Kite Shop on the Boardwalk



Saturday evening I introduced the group to the DVDs of Corner Gas.  5 of the 6 of us really enjoyed it and watched four episodes back to back

We have had such beautiful weather we have been really lucky!

Today we went to Chincoteague and Assateague to see birds and beautiful scenery.   Didn't get to see any ponies.  Maybe if I come again I will get lucky enough

Now I am going to see if I can load some pictures of our trip here.

Our living room- look at that view!

Snow Geese flying overhead when we were at Chincoteague.Not a bad photo for my little camera! 


No comments:

Post a Comment