Thursday, December 13, 2012

What do I do next?

For the last eight years, I watched the girls and so had some structure to my day. That plus Nick working meant that I had certain expectation of how the day would go and what to do.

At least that's what my memory is telling me.

Now, Nick and I are home all day together. In get busy with LC calls and other appointments.  I visit my sister.  Stuff like that.

But I really don't feel like doing anything an awful lot of the time.  I am content to sit and watch TV while I knit.  Or I come here, on my computer and stare at the screen for hours and feel guilty about not doing anything.

I am a good, if not great cook. But I don't feel like it most of the time.   The house can always use some cleaning up here and there.  But it isn't urgent.

So, what?

I have already gotten our Christmas cards printed.   I don't think I will include a letter this year and I will hope that not too many people are confused about who's who on the card.

I just printed the mailing labels and return address labels.  We have holiday stamps.   I guess I'll go start stuffing envelopes, and sticking labels onto them.

I am really hungry.  I think I am cooking eggs.  Not sure how I will cook them.  Let's see where the spririt moves me.

And I want to wake up thin and beautiful.  I guess I had a turn at that already and didn't really appreciate it.  Sort of like a Joni Mitchell song; don't it always seem to go you don't know what you've got till it's gone...


No comments:

Post a Comment