Thursday, May 23, 2024

Maine

 I've been in Maine for over a week now.  Partly I feel like I haven't done anything.  I sit and knit and watch TV all day.  

Went for Thai food with Austin

Took Austin to catch a bus that would take him to a destination that ultimately got him to Oregon.

Austin and Mom (me)

I've been to the Rockport Harbor with my friend Sylvia to watch as her great grandson and his girl friend posed for their prom photos.   Then Sylvia and I had lunch at a seafood place that had gluten free options.


I grocery shopped at the local grocery store, Hanafords where they have beautiful produce!


Enjoyed looking at the evening light flowing into Austin's front room at sunset


I've done a lot of knittting and have completed the pieces for the sweater I am making for my grandson (expected in early July)







Marty (Martha)and I met in Tromso, Norway in 1983.  Her son Carlos and my son Darcy were pretty close in age.  There were very few Americans in Tromso, so we made fast friends.  We have exchanged Christmas cards for almost 40 years and have not seen each other in over 30 years.  I knew Marty li lived in Maine, so before making the trip this time we agreed to get together.

Marty showed me around the town of Belfast, Maine where we had lunch alfresco.  The weather was beautiful!   Then Marty took me to a yarn shop owned by a friend of hers.  I was in heaven!  And of course I bought some yarn!






I only remembered that tomorrow is trash day after it was already dark out.   Well, I did not get very far.  Here's a picture of Austin's driveway in the daylight.  Navigating this in the dark while lugging a heavy trash can is not a good idea.  So I did not get it to the curb!



Even though I did not manage to wrangle the trash to the street, I did get to see the beautiful, almost full moon setting behind the trees!


Have I said that I love Maine?   I do love Maine!



No comments:

Post a Comment