Sunday, February 18, 2024

Tromsø


 




When we lived in Tromsø, my husband was flying to another town from Tromsø with the US Ambassador. I noticed that my husband had not packed his pajamas. And coincidentally I had just baked a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I piled the three kids in the car and rushed to the airport hoping to get there before the plane left. I put the baby in a back pack, ran to the gate as the plane was still being boarded. I left the two older kids with the gate agent and asked her to watch them for me. I ran, breathlessly onto the plane, baby in backpack and paper bag in my hand. I got on the plane and called out my husband's name. he was very surprised to see me and the baby on the plane. I handed him the bag and got off the plane before they closed the door. My husband later told me that the Ambassador asked my husband what was in the bag. My husband said "chocolate chip cookies". He didn't tell him that his pajamas were also in the bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment