Monday, June 29, 2020

I'm getting tired of this shit

I guess it's easy to blame covid 19 and the shutdowns for being depressed.   It's the wondering if "it" will ever go away.   Staying home.   Staying safe.  The people that I have little or no respect for- refusing to wear masks.  Saying that the virus isn't real.  

I don't feel the need to have all people agree on all things.  Or even most things.    But the fact deniers are bringing me down.  The people who choose to be reckless by not wearing masks.  But ignoring guidelines for pubic safety.    Some even deliberately cough or spit on mask wearers.

Okay, don't believe in science.   Choose to take your risks.  But for god sake is it that hard to respect other people's boundaries?

Some of the beauty and wonder of the United States is the liberty we appreciate.   But that doesn't mean that the right to one person's liberty gives anyone the "right" to step on my freedom of choice.  I choose to wear a mask.   You choose not to.   Just stay away from me and the people I love.

I love America.  I am sad that there are ignorant people.  I am sad that there are crooked and dishonest people.  I am also sad when people shout about how horrible our country's health care system is.  How crooked our politicians are

Stop shouting.  Shouting will not fix it.  The more you shout and complain the less energy you are putting into making it better. 

Register to vote.  Read more.  Help people in need.   Be angry.  But do something with that angry energy.

I know that there is more that I could be doing.  I also know that I have touched hundreds if not thousands of lives in a ways that have enabled those I help to find their own strengths and their voices.

I'm going to have a cup of coffee now.


1 comment: