Thursday, June 11, 2020

2020? Looking forward to it being hindsight!



















That about sums it up!

I feel like I am running out of the words I need to express how rotten 2020 has been so far!

Corona virus.  Pandemic.  Deniers.  Trump's idiocy first saying it's a hoax, then denying the seriousness of the disease.   Today he says :

(CNN)President Donald Trump is getting what he wants: The country is opening up come what may, despite alarming indications that the coronavirus pandemic is intensifying its assault.
Trump says the virus is now reduced to just the "embers" and "ashes" of a spent pandemic as patience for nationwide lock downs fades and states aggressively open up.
The facts say the opposite. Another 1,299 Americans died on Tuesday and more than 112,000 people in the US have died from the disease. There are now more than 2 million confirmed cases in the United States.
Trump is not marking these deaths, just as he was reluctant to immediately honor the first 100,000 Americans who passed away before that terrible milestone was reached -- barely two weeks ago. And this is well before the feared fall resurgence of Covid-19, in the absence of reliable treatments and with a vaccine still months away.
 We still practice social distancing.  We wear masks in public.  We stay home most of the time .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Black Lives Matter Being Black in this country is dangerous.  Especially a Black man.
I am amazed at how little so many people know about Black history and literature.   There is much that I do not know and may never be able to understand.  But I want to know more.  I try.  I read, took a class in African American Literature.  Yes that's a thing.   I watch TV shows about social injustice.  I am sad and sorry for the way so Black many people have been treated and are being treated.   
I don't think I am perfect.  I do not strive to be perfect.  I want to and strive to be good.  As good a person as I can be.  
At times I feel like the American democracy is dying.   But, maybe the fact that there are so many protests, white and Black people together, is progress .  I can hope.
We can do better.  We must do better.  I hope we will be better.



No comments:

Post a Comment