Sunday, February 9, 2020

Feeling blah

I am so tired and without energy.  I think I might be anemic.  I noticed that I have been chewing ice, a symptom of anemia.  And, as I said, tired.

I've started taking iron, so I am hoping that will help.

On top of it all, I feel like I might be fighting a stomach bug today.

I tripped on a rug the other day and fell mainly on my new (artificial) knee.  I didn't break it which is good, but my whole legs is sore as is most of my body.

I finished up a knitting project I was working on, so that's a good thing!  No pictures yet.  After the person I am sending it to receives it, then I'll post a picture.

Just over five weeks until my next knee replacement surgery.  The left one was done in August and the right will be done in March.   I know now how rough the recovery is.  But I also know how good it will be to have two working knees!

One hundred forty five days until Courtney and I go on our Alaska cruise.  I am really looking forward to that!

Courtney will be 42 on the 25th of this month and Morgan will be 39 a week later.  

Nick and I think about and talk about the kids all the time.  They were all over us as little kids and as babies.  They needed us.  They also cuddled us and gave us unconditional love.   I am happy that they are all so self sufficient, but I do miss them.

Before we had internet, and when we were living overseas, I wrote letters.  A lot of letters.  Mainly to family, mine and Nick's.  But also any friends who wrote to me.    I longed for mail from home.   I would get so sad when nothing came in the mail.  At one point I subscribed to at least 12 magazines just so there would always be mail.

Now we rarely get any postal mail and we get very little real- personal email either.

That's progress? 




No comments:

Post a Comment