Friday, September 21, 2018

Changing but recognizable

Courtney, my first born, just got a hair cut and color after years of having red and blue and purple hair.  She posted a picture of her new hair cut on Facebook, and I was startled to see what a resemblance she has to the Norwegian part of the family. 

I think she looks a lot like my father's mother, my Grandma Thompsen.  She also looks a lot like my cousin Colleen and Colleen's daughter, Kate, both of whom look a lot like my (our) grandmother.


Courtney's new hair cut and color.  September 2018



My cousin Colleen and her daughter Kate at Courtney's house in Portland July 2018




Courtney on her front porch July 22, 2018



My grandparents, two uncles and my dad as a baby ca 1918
It's hard to see any real detail, but Courtney looks a lot like my grandmother in this picture.  It's those high Norwegian cheek bones.





And then there's Courtney, my baby 1978



Business Courtney 2011 (I love her hair in this picture!)



And Star Trek Courtney 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment