Friday, December 18, 2015

I think I am married to Super Man!

In the lifetime of years that Nick and I have been married, I have not been the easiest person to live with.  I am demanding and I have been known to expect people to know what I want- through osmosis.

I am a talker- I love to talk.  I am also a complainer at times.  Or, should I say I like to express myself.  Thing is, once I talk something out, I feel better.  It's like I have to verbally digest an idea or a problem before I can totally "get it"

So, what does this have to do with Super Man?   Well, there have been plenty of times when I have been frustrated about not being able to do all of the things that *I* think need to be done.  Usually basic stuff- like running the vacuum cleaner  or cleaning the fridge.  But deep down I know that while these are things that bother me, I want Nick or someone else to notice and do what I think needs to be done.   For instance, I would get annoyed if the kitchen floor needs to be swept and nobody is even aware of how dirty the floor is.    I am starting to see (well right this minute anyway) that the condition of the kitchen floor is not all that important (did I really just write that?).  It is only important to me because I make it that way.

Actually, Nick knows the things that bug me and I think he tries to do thing that will make me happy.

I am mellowing with age.  Maybe having had a brain tumor and brain surgery has a little bit to do with it!

So, here's what Nick is up to now that I am so impressed about.   Now that there are no kids living at home, Nick has been cleaning and re-doing the kids' bedrooms.  They were left a mess.  A real mess.  Spilled soda and melted candle wax in the carpet.  Holes in the walls.  Nick has been pulling up old carpet and laying down hardwood flooring.  He has been pulling wallpaper off and sanding, patching and painting the walls.  These are really hard jobs he is doing.  I couldn't do the work!

So, yes I am married to my very own Super Man!

*****************************************************

I saw this online and I wanted to put it here:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment