Thursday, December 18, 2014

In a rush

I only have a minute to write.  I am going to be leading a La Leche League meeting this evening and I have to prepare.  I am still pet sitting at my sister's house, so I have to run to my house- where I know how to work the printer, and get some nicer clothes on and go.

I am writing because so much is going on in my head.   I have a dear friend who has a bad cancer (is there a good one?) and has a very short life expectancy.   Another dear friend has been battling stage IV bowel cancer for the last year.   She was just told that there are no more therapies or drugs to help her.  

Someone I love very much suffers from mental health problems.   I suffer from depression.  And I keep coming up with bizarre diseases and diagnoses.  

And so, tonight, I am going to tell new and expecting parents about the joys that await them.  About how to avoid the pitfalls and how to find their own successes as parents.

Two days ago was the six month anniversary of my brain surgery and the removal of a brain tumor.

Life is good.  Life can be sad.  Life is confusing.  People you love die.  Everyone dies.

And life goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment