Thursday, July 25, 2013

And now for something completely different

What's this?  A kidney infection.  Oh yes please, I'll try that out.  I didn't even know it was on the menu!  Let's see, what are the symptoms?  According to some web site about kidneys:

Common symptoms in adults include:
  • Pain in the sides
  • Pain in the lower back and genitals
  • High temperature fever
  • Shivering
  • Chills
  • Weakness or Tiredness
  • Loss of appetite
  • Repeated sickness
  • Diarrhoea
Well, I have experienced  6 of the 9 symptoms.  Oh, and wetting your pants, not listed, but a fun symptom, let me tell you.  I had another one too, pain in my back above my waist.  That is where the kidneys are.  Yup.  What a wonderful summer this has been!

First, I get oral thrush.  That was a new one for me.  I had experienced thrush as a nursing mom when my baby had it, but it was not in my mouth.  I never knew it hurt so much!  I hope that it doesn't feel like that for babies!  Doctor said that mine was mainly caused by stress.  Husband is in Afghanistan.  Stress?  Who me?

Next, I break my ankle.  I was told that it was a bad sprain, not a break, so I went two days in pain and swelling before I got a correct diagnosis.   Lots of pain with this too.  At least my mouth cleared up before I broke my foot.  Pain meds help some.

Pet sit for a dog I don't know, who poops all over the house.  Yeah, that's fun with a broken ankle.  At least she's sweet.

Norwegian cousin comes to visit.  Fortunately I have a wonderful family that really comes to the rescue and helps keep him entertained.    I feel bad because I feel like it is my responsibility.  Also, I want to be able to do more.

Son leaves for China and all the preparation that entails.  Applying for visa.  Picking up visa.  Shopping.  Shopping.  Did I mention shopping?

Norwegian cousin leaves for the West Coast.  Looking forward to meeting his younger brother in a few years.  This was the third cousin we have hosted with one more to go.

Got a dental implant.   Yikes!  Face has a lump the size of a golf ball.   Yeah for pain meds. Had laughing gas for the first time in my life.  I don't remember laughing. I really don't remember anything at all!

Study for the exam I have to take to keep practicing as a lactation consultant- though I have not worked in about six week because of my broken ankle.

Prepare for a La Leche League conference that is on the weekend before my Monday morning exam.

Knitting hats to sell at the LLL conference.  Fun, but I worry about getting done what I have started.

So I am on antibiotics for my bladder.  Other medicine for the damage to my stomach from the  various pain meds.

My ankle is healing.  I don't need my boot all the time, but have to wear it when I go out because the doctor told me to, and it is still sensitive.  I am not longer wetting my pants, but my belly hurts.

My sister burned herself while cooking.  Nasty, painful burns.  I want her to get better and not hurt any more.

The dog, Buddy, has developed a new neurosis.  He won't walk on the kitchen floor.  He sits on the carpet and whines.   If there is food around, then he temporarily forgets and comes into the kitchen.  He has also decided that he doesn't want to leave the deck.  Even to poop.  Guess what?  When I take him out, I force him off the deck- I don't like a poop deck!

Pooh cat is sick.  Really sick.  Not going to get better sick.  He still has spark.  He eats.  He loves to eat.  He sits on laps and purrs.  He is wasting away though.  It is sad.

Today would have been my father's 97th birthday.  He's been gone for twelve years.

Okay, I think that's enough joy to the world for one day!  Now I need to go to bed.  Maybe I will be able to sleep.  I can dream can't I?  Well, if I sleep anyway!




No comments:

Post a Comment