Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I'm coming along

I have not taken any narcotic pain relief today.  Just the prescription strength Motrin.  I guess I am recovering from my oral surgery.  I still feel terribly tired, but I am sure that is part of the body's way of healing itself.

Before I had this tooth pulled (#30 for those of you who know what that means) I was a total wreck.  I have had so much trouble with this particular tooth.  So much pain and expense and procedures that caused more pain and the need to more messing around with the tooth.  Oh yeah.   I took Ativan before the procedure and after signing the papers.  Had laughing gas for the first time in my life.   I did not feel like laughing, but I didn't feel like I was about to jump out of my skin either, so I guess it worked.

There's more work to be done.  Preparation for an implant.  That sounds nasty too, but I can do it.

Then today I had an echo cardiogram (not related to my dental health).   The doctor's office was adamant that I avoid caffeine even though I could not find anything to support that.  The woman who did the echo said that there is no restriction on caffeine.  So I had a nasty headache for no reason.  Poop!

And then there's Buddy.  The beloved puppy.   Ah the joys of mothering a baby again.  The differences are obvious of course.  He is not a human baby.  And when my babies fussed at night, all I had to do was pull them close and nurse.  Yea for co-sleeping!  Now, Buddy does co-sleep with us.  But, at night (like around 4:00 am) he often will start to whine.  That's my indicator to either get up and let him out, or stay in bed and risk stepping in dog poop in the morning.  So I get up with him.   Oh well, he'll grow out of it (I hope).

The Barnes and Noble Books store near us is closing down tomorrow.  It's the only book store in Reston aside from the used book store that's been here for a million years.   It is so sad.  We are losing a place of value to the whole community.   B&N, I'll miss you!

My baby girl turned 35 on Monday of this week.  That means I have been a mother for 35 years.  Strange.  Amazing. Mind warping.   Yup.

My first born son and second oldest child turns 32 next Monday.   So many memories.  So many more to come....



No comments:

Post a Comment